Feeling tired, broke and fat

It's two weeks to go till my OSCE, I feel very stressed, I am broke as hell and I just want to wake up on christmas day when it's all over and I can relax.

I'm trying to do relaxing things, i'm trying to do lots of things to take my mind elsewhere and be distracted. Yesterday I went to see a film (The Florida Project) with my friend Katie (non-medic). It was an awesome film, we had dinner out - and hence I consumed about 3000 calories more than I should have - and then she popped in for a brew. 

Yesterday morning I had a 'Breaking Bad News' practice and it went horrifically. "What went well?" the tutor asked and I just broke down, in tears, in front of my whole group. Nothing. This was an instinctively negative and immediate reaction I was having and I know it wasn't all bad but at that point, I just wanted the ground to swallow me up. I can't be fucking it up this badly with just two weeks to go. 

I don't want to do any revision any more. I don't want to think about how to improve, I don't want to go over the examinations for a millionth time, I don't want to do anything. 

I'm really tired this morning. I'm tired of constantly working through a list of things I need to revise, a list that i'm adding to every, single, damn, day. I'm tired of being in a calorie deficit. I'm tired of thinking about exercising and burning calories so I can achieve the weight loss I so desperately want to achieve. 

I don't want to check my bank balance, I don't want to scrimp to have a nice dinner with my friend so I can get out of the house and just do something different. I'm having very first world problems but I am tired of them. 

I want to lie down, on the sofa, curled up and not move. I want to start the day, the week, the month again from the beginning. I want to start all over again but I also want it all to be over. 

Comments

  1. Hope you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fellow med student who used to read this blog all the time! Are you in final year/a doctor yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so nostalgic! Used to read this all the time back when I applied - now I'm coming to the end of 4th year, outliving the latest blog post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment