February

So I've still been living off the high that was my Manchester Medical School offer - still can't quite believe the way things have worked out.

I have been rejected by Leeds and UEA (and praise the lord I got an offer before I got those rejections) and the only one I am still keenly waiting to hear from is Sheffield. I am desperate to hear from them soon as they've tweeted that they hope to have all the invitations to interview out by mid-feb, and I love Sheffield. Don't get me wrong I am chuffed to pieces to have an offer in the first place and I know it! I also withdrew from my 5th choice.

Today I bought my new MacBook Pro to last me through Uni! Needless to say I'm in love. We are definitely an Apple family and those classic consumerists that know they're paying a ridiculous amount for something that could be bought much much cheaper - but IMO there is no price on piece of mind.

Later on this month I'm going to spend some of my hard earned cash on boxes and storage from Muji. Quite excited really. I'm adamant that I get myself a couple of extra little shelves to put at the end of my bed so that I've got somewhere I can put the boxes but my mom thinks i'm going overboard. Will have to see how that one pans out.

In terms of the job - well that's all a bit up in the air at the minute. This is the thing - I didn't anticipate that I would want to stay here past the end of Jan. I ended up liking it so much that I thought i'll delay handing in my notice till March. Now I sort of need the money to pay for my car insurance every month, plans to go abroad are on hold, I don't really know what I'm doing but I guess as long as I'm happy, I'll stick to it. I would say I'm happy 80% of the time when I'm on day shifts. When you put me on night shifts, I'm happy 40% of the time which I deal with because you know that once you've ploughed through them you'll be back onto days. Then when you put me on "long day"'s one week, nights the next, then back onto days the following week, and then back onto nights and so on - for 8 weeks in a row: I am unhappy 100% of the time. That makes me want to quit. And I don't want to quit because I like the days. Stop. Doing. That. To. Me.

Comments