Results and the RS story

Got the results of my January modules this week.
I got an A* in Chem4 hurrah!
And the rest A's thank lord, with a slight glitch with a C grade in my AS RS resit, but considering how little I did for it, I am very pleased! I swear to God, that subject will be haunting me for the rest of my life.

The story of R.S:

After getting an A* in it at GCSE, and my thorough enjoyment of the subject, I decided to take it to A-level. Now, despite the fact that I very well knew I couldn't write an essay to save my life, I wanted to have a crack anyway, as it was one of my favourite subjects. I spent the whole of my AS year, doing well in practise essays, and really enjoying my lessons, and generally having a really great time.

Come the AS exam, the question is brill, I feel prepared, I go ahead and write along. I walk out thinking I am pleased I have managed an A grade performance. Results come. C grade.

I decide that I would redo my worser-graded-paper in January, and drop the subject all together for A2. This January, I unfortunately had a couple more resits than I would have liked (which now, thankfully are all A's) and so completely ignored RS. I was sure I had forgotten how to write an essay. My teachers encouraged me to sit the exam anyway, as I had nothing to lose. Did the exam with absolutely no revision. Definitely wasn't prepared for the questions that came up.

Last year with a whole year of teaching/hwk/revision in this paper I got a D.

With absolutely no work this year...C grade!! (Which still leaves me with a C overall)

I have lost all faith in that subject. I'll never know how it works. Hello RS in June (but aside that, no other retakes, hurrah!)

Med admissions
Still nothing from Liverpool yet (my final choice to hear from). They sent a sorta harsh e-mail out this week though, telling people to quit ringing admissions asking when they would be done, as it was delaying the process. I assume I'll hear by around 20/21st March. Have been seriously looking into Gap Years in the mean time.


Comments