Working with people you like

Anyone will tell you, you could be doing the crappiest job in the world... but if you're doing it with people you like, if you've got great work mates, you will always have more good days than bad.

I've got a colleague - she's a senior HCA and the first time I met her, I thought we were never going to get on, that I'd hate her, that I was gutted to have a senior that I already disagreed with. But as the days have gone on, I realised: holy shit she's fucking fantastic. One of those people that make you feel like you're capable of anything, all you want to do is impress her and earn her approval and be part of her life. The days that I get to work with her are the best days at work I've ever had.

May be it's the new hospital, may be it's being desperate for someone new in my life because all of my old friends are at uni... but honestly? I think she's just an incredible person.

Comments