Whenever feeling anxious, upset or generally crappy - plan. I love planning, it gives me a focus. You'll have noticed from my last post that I am getting a bit fed up at work... so I have been planning the rest of my gap year.
This is the plan:
1. I move to the big ass hospital which is much closer to home in November. This means I need to hand in my resignation at the medium size - 2 and a half hour journey away hospital by the end of this month. This will hopefully mean that I enjoy work a bit more, because I won't be dreading the travelling to and from work and the days will be significantly shorter.
2. I have booked lots of annual leave off in October (bit cheeky to do so when I'm leaving so soon I know!) so will hopefully have passed my practical driving test and will be driving around visiting friends as they settle into Uni.
3. I begin saving for my travelling plans with planmygapyear.co.uk. I am thinking I will go to Sri Lanka and volunteer for 4 weeks, do the same in Thailand but also backpack around for a couple of weeks there too. Thinking about it though, it might not be a bad idea just to volunteer and travel in Thailand, skip the Sri Lanka bit and use that money to do even more travelling...hmm. Decisions.
4. By January I quit working as a HCA all together. I will have done my time, I will start looking at other jobs which involve more sitting down and drinking tea. I will take it easy, it may be the last chance I get too - I only intend on taking a gap year once!
5. By April / May fly out and start my travel plans.
6. Return back home in Augustish.
Either way, I just need this little time to fly by. Particularly the UKCAT and applying bit!
Got a long day (0730-2000) tomorrow. Best get some rest!
Another very busy week for me. I am scheduling private study very intensely around university commitments. Rheumatology is freakin nuts, the...
So, i’ll do this the way i’ve always done it. Talk you through what I had and how I got on. Originally I tried to give myself a score out o...
To give you an idea of what my weeks have looked like this is it. It's me getting up at 0630, run through all the possible examinati...
Student Finance have done the almightiest of fuck - ups. It turns out, they are saying I have a received a £2000 ish overpayment in the form...