Gonna have to smash it

So about a year ago when I wrote a similar post about exam stress coming back along, I was super unsure and lost. This time around, I definitely feel more confident about what I need to do and how I need to do it but this time, the work is so much more complex (the brain. Why is it so abstract, theoretical and difficult???) and there is a great deal more to learn in depth.

Saying that, I'm looking forward tremendously to revising my ass off. I'm at my student house, home, alone. The other girls have gone back for christmas so it's just me, at my desk morning till evening, occasionally having a day or morning at work, cramming everything I can in. Had it been a year ago, the loneliness and lack of social interaction would have probably been enough to drive me off of a cliff edge but this time around it's so much better. I guess that comes with maturity, being more..."adult" and entirely satisfied with one's own company. It's a great place to finally be, let me tell you.

To try and break things up, I'll be going home on xmas eve and returning on boxing day as I have some shifts at work either side. Other than that, I'm going to aim to do about 4-5 hours of work at home in the morning, have lunch and then may be head out to the library or the Ali G (the fond name of the amazing building that is the alan gilbert learning commons) to do some more and keep motivation levels up. Currently, this feels like home. I'm just dawdling along in my own little life, catching up with a friend every now and then, hitting the town on the odd rare occasion and just enjoying my own company.

Look at me. Doing adult things with adult attitude and adulting all over.

Comments