Working a 0 hour contract

Since last summer during the cricket season, I have been working at my local cricket ground. They offer 0 hour contracts, you take the shifts you want, when you want and you get paid weekly. The pay isn't that great but then what is?

Why am I working there when I've got a job as a HCA that pays much nicer? You never know who you're going to work with. Essentially it's a bunch of older teens and younger tweens working in catering for what could be anything between 4 hours to 16 hours. Sometimes it's dull as fuck but providing you're working with people you like it is so much fun. One of the joys about this is that you can not have a clue who someone is at the beginning of your shift and by the end, practically be best friends. That's what happened last night and it's honestly such a pleasure to be around people my age, completely laid back, where nothing is about medicine and is just about getting through the shift and having a good time.

The only real downside is that sometimes your managers can be a bit arsey and if you're looking for full-time hours, they can be hard to come by.

I so so hope I can get something like this up in Manchester.

Update:
And about working at the hospital. I finally went back to work, got a private sick note and then when I saw they put me on nights again for 2 weeks running, I promptly demanded my Annual Leave immediately :) On the flipside, having looked at the rota - they have made allowances for me, so now I only do a total of 5 nights over the next 6 weeks! Winning. I feel so much happier and in a much more positive frame of mind.

Comments


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment