Something has changed on track

1930: My phone buzzes. It's an e-mail from track.
1931: I try to make sure I am reading it correctly. Having just got home that morning from a night shift, I get as delirious as some of the patients.
1932: I now know something has definitely changed on track.
1938: I give myself a serious talking to, about how if it's a rejection everything will be OK.
1945: Trying to calm myself down achieved nothing. I am having heart palpitations as I whip out the Macbook.
1946: I am suddenly dying for a wee. I try to put it off, but I am seriously on the verge of wetting myself, and how horrid would it be if I was a medical school reject and suddenly incontinent of my urine?!
1948: Back at the laptop post-wee. Shaking and typing.
...
...
I scream. Properly scream. A scream that only mom would recognise as a scream of joy. I basically don't bother running down the stairs, but more...aim to fly...as I take the steps 6 at a time.

I GOT AN OFFER MOM, I'M IN!!! I MADE IT!!!!!

Cue ringing everyone I know and screaming the same thing down the phone.

I can't believe it. I don't think I've quite absorbed it yet. Will write a proper post when I actually understand the enormity of what has happened.

Comments