I am going down

I don't know why this is happening to me (I do, I get up at 4am and don't stop till 6pm), why is my body betraying me (because you've been in a calorie deficit for 7 months) why is this happening to me now (because you've not had a day of relaxation for 9 weeks)...

I'm going down. I feel ill. I felt ill last week and then on Sunday, I felt momentarily better - Hoorah, I thought. Thank god, I have so much to do, practically sprinting out of bed at the faintest whiff of recovery. I was immediately knocked back down again, like a smug punch in the face for even thinking I could just get up and go at the same speed I was at before. I am finding it very frustrating.

OSCE's are a month away. I really, really, don't have time to be lying on the sofa for a week. I started Ophthalmology yesterday. I went to my induction, which was actually really well done (note to any speciality welcoming medical students - breakfast donuts go a hella of a long way, +10 if you have tea available) we had an enthusiastic young consultant who was keen on giving us a great experience. That alone is always delightful and all too rare considering we are a bunch of young people who can ruthlessly cross specialities off their list as a consequence of one bad experience.

In the afternoon, we were meant to have a workshop, dilating pupils conjunctivial swabs, that sort of thing. I unfortunately had come down with round 2 of my virus and went home. This morning, I woke up, but then immediately went back to bed. I felt as if my head had been put through a lamb mincer. I've had to spend an hour on the phone to EE this morning sorting out the internet, so if I had a headache before, my brain may as well be on fire now.

I've done my best to set everything up in the living room to be cosy and yet a welcoming environment for some 'light learning'. Candles lit, radiators on, blankets out, that sort of thing. I don't think I can begin going through any rigorous stuff, because I will just crawl under the duvet and not come back out but I don't want to lie here and do nothing at all.

I've only got 1 week of ophthalmology and I will have spent 1.5 of those days in absence. This is not good.

Comments


  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment